[date]
Here are some progress shots of my Deer Spirit piece. I forgot to take more progress shots along the way, but you can see the top photo has my initial idea sketch next to the basic outlines on the final deckle-edged paper. The second photo has my tracing paper ideas behind the final piece. I used the tracing paper to figure out how I wanted to show the foliage in her hair. So bottom right, I sketched out some crab apple blossoms. Bottom left, I thought more generic, leafy branches might work. Then, a just a crown of leaves sketched out on the top right, and some interspersed leaves on the top left. After consulting Henry, I went for a combination of interspersed crab apple blossoms. 🙂